Current Job Openings
Registered Veterinary Technician - ICU/ER
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) - ER/ICU Departments – Ventura, California
At Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group, we acknowledge and value our Registered Veterinary Technicians. They are educated, skilled, credentialed individuals who are compassionate and care deeply for our patients. They play a significant role in the success of our organization and the health of our patients. As such, VMSG believes in recognition and competitive compensation for our RVTs by providing:
- Shift differential for overnight shifts
- Annual Continuing Education allowance including additional PTO for C.E.
- Annual state licensure reimbursement
- Customized training plans to assist them in successfully meeting their career goals
- Support and guidance from board-certified technicians
- Access to our VTS Mentorship and financial assistance with the Penn Foster/PetVet Academy program
- Eligibility for our Support Staff Referral Bonus Program
- Leadership opportunities
VMSG Ventura is growing and expanding! If you are looking for a new and exciting work environment where your education and advanced skillset are appreciated and where you can continue growing in your career, VMSG may be right for you!
If you've never worked in specialty medicine before but have an interest in expanding your knowledge and increasing your skill set, that's great! Many of our most accomplished technicians did not have specialty experience prior to joining VMSG - we love training new team members and supporting anyone interested in growing their career!
Qualifications and Skills
- Veterinary Technician License in California, or have an active license in another state that qualifies you to be eligible for licensing
- At least two years of Veterinary experience as a RVT, or Assistant prior to licensure
- A flexible schedule that allows the ability to stay late on occasion to help with emergencies
- The ability to handle stressful or emergent situations in a calm and supportive manner
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Additional Benefits Offered
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays Off
- Annual allowance for scrubs and other VMSG apparel
- Employee discounts on pet services, medications, and lab work
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Ventura Hospital?
At Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group (VMSG), our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping pets well.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group (VMSG), where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves pets and values the contributions from every individual on the team.