Current Job Openings
Client Service Representative
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group in Ventura, is looking for both part-time and full-time Client Service Representative to join our team. We are state-of-the-art veterinary referral and emergency hospital with over 33 years in our community. As a Client Service Representative you are often the first point of contact with a new client or referring veterinarian.
If you are an enthusiastic, energetic and compassionate individual with 1-2 years of veterinary reception or assisting skills, we would like to talk with you. The ideal candidate will be able to join our experienced team without missing a beat, have great communication skills, and is not afraid to juggle multiple clients at one time. Avimark experience is a major plus!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet clients in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner
- Answer multi-line phone system and direct the calls accordingly
- Obtain medical and other information from referring vets
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Notify appropriate departments that patients have arrived
- Scan medical records
- Make sure the lobby and reception areas are organized and neat, including stocking and cleaning the beverage areas for clients
- Fax, file, and distribute faxes and other documents
- Obtain deposits and other payments from clients
- Use email system
Position duties include:
- Triaging clients, scheduling appointments and managing the reception area
- Receiving and handling high-volume telephone calls
- Patient intake and discharge
- Constant communication with our doctors, technician team, and pet owners
Successful candidates will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a strong work ethic
- Be inquisitive, ask questions, and know how to utilize their resources
- Be a self-starting individual of integrity who is adaptable and accountable
- Have a flexible schedule
- Have a love of people and their pets
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least three years of customer service experience
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Have strong typing skills and a polished telephone etiquette
- At least two years of previous veterinary experience
We offer competitive pay and benefits including:
- Paid Time Off
- Highly subsidized health insurance plans
- Uniform allowance
- Schedules to Balance Work, Life, and Family
- Employee Discounts
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Ventura Hospital?
At Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group (VMSG), our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping pets well.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Veterinary Medical and Surgical Group (VMSG), where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves pets and values the contributions from every individual on the team.